PACE SUITE 4.0 IS OUT NOW!
July, 07, 2016
Infopulse is excited to announce the release of PACE Suite 4.0 – a powerful solution for application packaging and software virtualization. In the updated version of PACE Suite, you can find a number of new features, improvements to existing features, and bug fixes (including those that were reported and confirmed by the PACE Suite community).
CORE NEW FEATURES:
- Support of Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V 5.x) technology
- PACE Suite 4.0 brings the new feature of creating and editing the App-V 5.x packages without need to install Microsoft Sequencer.
- Build and edit new virtual App-V packages in a simple and smart way with a help of MSI Generator!
- View, create, import or exclude various resources like Files, Folders, Registry entries, Services, Shortcuts and File Type Associations (FTAs).
- Specify Virtualization Levels (Merge or Override) for the Folders and Registry keys.
- Update Application Name, Version, Publisher, Package Name and Description.
- Manage Streaming Options manage in order to optimize the created App-V package over slow or unreliable networks.
- Use the Target OS dialog to specify the future environment for virtual application package.
- Select the Primary Virtual Application Directory (PVAD) value for the best result.
- Advanced Options allows to enable visibility of the named and COM objects in an App-V package to the local system to improve the usability of some application functions. Local system visibility may be useful for such tasks as virtualizing legacy versions of Microsoft Outlook. In addition, it allows enabling full write permissions to the virtual file system for the virtual application!
- Auto-creation of MSI tables
- The new version of MSI Editor checks and automatically creates all necessary MSI tables for the user’s MSI schema.
Read Release notes >>
- Incorrect representation of identical x86 and x64 bits registry keys in Windows Installer package, built by MSI Generator (example of identical keys: ‘HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node’ and ‘HKLM\Software’).
- Wrong behavior of building Windows Installer package containing files with the same name, which are located in the similar x86 and x64 bits folders like ‘C:\Program Files\ABC’ and ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\ABC’.
- Issue with displaying results of the Package Quality Assistant function in MSI Editor.
- Problem with transferring the function name to a new scriptlet of Active Scripting functionality in MSI Editor.
- Bugs related to the Find and Replace functionality of MSI Editor.
- Incorrect import of DWORD registry values to the project using MSI Generator.
- Crashes on creating a new project in MSI Generator.
- Problem with updating the list of directories for the INSTALLDIR field on the Package tab of MSI Generator.
- Moving Custom Action with enabled filters like ‘Hide standard actions’ could cause non-unique sequence number.
- New Custom Action is placed on the top of list instead of being placed right after the selected Action.
- UI issues on the Create Package dialog and Files tab of MSI Generator.
- Crash on navigating to the ‘Advertised’ checkbox of the Shortcut tab of MSI Generator.
- Wrong behavior of the Import icon for shortcut function in MSI Generator.
Share this blog article: