December, 16, 2021
The new version 5.7 of PACE Suite is released. From now on, PACE Suite users will be able to work with the Microsoft packaging format IntuneWin, manage Font registration along with other minor improvements. Moreover, we have released a rebranding of the main logo and in-built components of the tool.
PACE Suite enables you to easily convert the existing app installer into the IntuneWin package (.intunewin) with the help of our wizard. The wizard is an alternative to the console app Microsoft Win32 Content Prep Tool, which provides you with the same functionality for creating packages and offer the following benefits:
- regular user interface instead of command-line switches
- availability of various validation rules
- visual control of the package content, size, and the whole package creation process.
Enhanced User Experience for MSI Packages
We have introduced the ability to view and manage Fonts of the MSI package. You can now register a new Font pointing to the file inside the package or import Fonts from the file system. The Package Designer will create and maintain the necessary MSI database structure to ensure that Fonts are installed to the target system correctly.
Support of Local Hyper-V
We have extended the list of supported virtualization solutions for running remote capturing and testing in manual or automated mode. From now on, you can also configure virtual machines of the local Microsoft Hyper-V that can be run even on the Windows desktop version.
To better match the current market trends, PACE Suite is introducing the new logo and becoming a part of the PACE Products together with PACE Packager Hub.
We have also decided to rename MSI Generator to Package Generator to better match the functionality and purpose of this product.
- Updated pre-defined list Custom Actions conditions to ignore CASE.
- Removed limitation for Product Name lengths for MSI packages.
- Fixed issues with the random PublisherId generation for MSIX, APPX packages.
- Fixed crash when deleting the registry entry from the import registry wizard.
- Fixed crash when deleting the captured changes during response MST creation.
View the full description of new functionality and improvements in the PACE Suite Release Notes and see how it works in the User Guide.