Repackage any existing installation into Windows Installer or a virtual format. PACE Suite provides an easy-to-use and powerful repackaging tool.
- The most accurate and reliable capturing engine. PACE Suite is capable of correctly capturing any application, simple or complex, x86, x64, or combined.
- Repackage on Windows 7/8/8.1/10/2008/2012, both x86 and x64.
- Auto-detection of embedded installers. When capturing an application, PACE Suite accurately detects any existing MSI installations hidden inside a legacy setup wrapper and helps you customize those separately.
- Include excluded files/registry back to a package. PACE Suite keeps all of the resources that have been excluded and allows you to include them back any time later after the capturing has been done.
Full support of Microsoft App-V 5.x technology that enables you to create and edit packages for virtual application.
- Manage various package resources like Files, Folders, Registry entries, Services, Shortcuts and File Type Associations (FTAs).
- Specify the Virtualization Levels (Merge or Override) for the Folders and Registry keys.
- Update Product details such as Application Name, Version, Publisher, Package Name and Description.
- Control Streaming Options to optimize an App-V package over slow or unreliable networks.
- Use the Target OS dialog to specify the operating systems that can run the created virtual application package.
- Select the Primary Virtual Application Directory (PVAD) value for the best result.
- Advanced Options allows to enable visibility of the named and COM objects in an App-V package to the local system to improve the usability of some application functions. In addition, it allows enabling full write permissions to the virtual file system for the virtual application.
PACE Suite supports creation of VMware ThinApp 5.0-5.2 packages that allows to convert any application, either MSI or non-MSI into the ThinApp virtual format.
- Select entry points that will act as shortcuts into the virtual environment and start the virtual application.
- Manage primary data container options.
- Handle file system isolation modes and Sandbox location to isolate the application from the host system.
- Edit build options.
- Compress virtual package to decrease its size.
- Manipulate contents of an MSI in a convenient tree-like interface
- Import any resources
- Edit and manage Custom Actions
- Integrate scripts into your package
- Use a smart and advanced MSI database editor, with formatted string autocompleting, Excel-like formula bar, row reference tracking, and more.
- Handle upgrades easily – just let MSI Editor know which MSI’s you want to be upgraded at a runtime.
- Undo-redo any manipulation and see the changes highlighted in the MSI tables
- Save changes to MSI database as Patch package
- Create Patch package against original MSI database
Repackage or convert to virtual formats a number of applications at once in a semi-automatic or automatic mode with Application Packaging Self-Service (APS) – the automation solution included in PACE Suite Enterprise.
APS connects to your hypervisor server and provides a web dashboard to track and manage all packaging, conversion, and testing tasks. Some of the features:
- Automation of repetitive tasks
- Reliable batch conversion, based on real installing of each package of a virtual machine
- Semi-automatic repackaging mode – all you have to do is click through the installation routine of a source application.
- Full automatic mode – APS tries to install a source application with its default settings.
Publish your packages from PACE Suite to Microsoft SCCM 2007 or 2012 and get them ready for deployment with a button click. Both Configuration Manager’s “package model” and the new “application model” are supported.
PACE Suite allows efficient usage by a team of packaging engineers.
Shared configuration and work
Set up PACE Suite to use shared templates, exclusion lists, settings, and client profiles within your team to ensure quality and consistency.
Generate package documentation containing the details about your package and configuration made with one click.
Use your template and configure which data and how should be presented in a report
All of the components of PACE Suite are portable applications and can be launched on any physical or virtual machine, locally or from a network share. Thus, you can bring your packaging tool to your client’s office even on a USB stick!
Define your validation rules using a built-in markup language and ensure all of your specific requirements are met in every package.
Standard and custom validation
Validate packages against Microsoft’s Internal Consistency Checks (ICE) and any custom CUB files.