- The most accurate and reliable capturing engine. PACE Suite is capable of correctly capturing any application, simple or complex, x86, x64, or combined.
- All-platform and all-architecture support. Repackage on any Windows OS – from Windows XP to Windows 10, both x86 and x64.
- Auto-detection of embedded installers. When capturing an application, PACE Suite accurately detects any existing MSI installations hidden inside a legacy setup wrapper and helps you customize those separately.
- Include excluded files/registry back to a package. PACE Suite keeps all of the resources that have been excluded and allows you to include them back any time later after the capturing has been done.
PACE Suite provides the handy and fully-equipped MSI Editor tool, which enables you to:
- Manipulate contents of an MSI in a convenient tree-like interface
- Import any resources
- Edit and manage Custom Actions
- Integrate scripts into your package
- Use a smart and advanced MSI database editor, with formatted string autocompleting, Excel-like formula bar, row reference tracking, and more.
- Create patches (MSP)
- Handle upgrades easily – just let MSI Editor know which MSI’s you want to be upgraded at a runtime.
- Undo-redo any manipulation and see the changes highlighted in the MSI tables
PACE Suite allows efficient usage by a team of packaging engineers.
Shared configuration and work
Set up PACE Suite to use shared templates, exclusion lists, settings, and client profiles within your team to ensure quality and consistency.
All of the components of PACE Suite are portable applications and can be launched on any physical or virtual machine, locally or from a network share. Thus, you can bring your packaging tool to your client’s office even on a USB stick!
Repackage or convert to virtual formats a number of applications at once in a semi-automatic or automatic mode with Application Packaging Self-Service (APS) – the automation solution included in PACE Suite Enterprise.
APS connects to your hypervisor server and provides a web dashboard to track and manage all packaging, conversion, and testing tasks. Some of the features:
- Automation of repetitive tasks
- Reliable batch conversion, based on real installing of each package of a virtual machine
- Semi-automatic repackaging mode – all you have to do is click through the installation routine of a source application.
- Full automatic mode – APS tries to install a source application with its default settings.
See the estimated complexity of an app right away.
Create a custom complexity report, based on your client’s template.
Configure PACE Suite’s complexity estimation criteria to match you realias.
Generate package documentation containing the details about your package and configuration made with one click.
Use your template and configure which data and how should be presented in a report.
Individual validation rules
Define your validation rules using a built-in markup language and ensure any of your specific requirements are met in every package.
Standard and custom validation
Validate packages against Microsoft’s Internal Consistency Checks (ICE) and any custom CUB files.
Automated functional tests
Assign your package to be automatically installed on virtual machines of your choice and check the reports and logs.
System state comparison
Create and compare snapshots of system state (files, registry). Essential for testing and application discovery.
PACE Suite follows all application packaging best practices and rules. Moreover, every package created with PACE Suite is:
- Well-structured and ICE error-free – Correct component and feature assignment, no ICE errors in a repackaged MSI. Table identifiers are human-readable, which makes editing easy.
- Contains no tool-related extraneous staff – PACE Suite does not create any redundant MSI tables, properties, or custom actions.